www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Html anchors not responding

Html anchors not responding

Hi, I've made a website. The anchors links aren't responding. The only one working is the one on the left. The other 3 are pretty much absent, or if you look at the url it registers, but it won't direct.

I got a link to my website. It should be comments on each section. The section tag on the top-level carries the id.

link: www.jonasasperud.com/test/2 * sorry link was faulty. Fixed now.
    Last edited by Jonas!; 06-25-2012 at 02:01 PM.

I've had a look, and as far as I can see the links connect to the page that is already displayed. So, yes, they will appear to do nothing, because there is nothing to do. Just checked, and this is the case. You can prove it by reducing the height of the window so that you have to scroll down to see the links. Then click any one, and it will jump to the top of the screen. The links are working.

It seems to me that you should learn HTML and CSS before advertising your services as a web developer. It seems that you have put some pictures into Photoshop and exported it as HTML. Photoshop is not a web authoring package, any more than MS Word is. Both have the ability to output rudimentary HTML. And even using proper web authoring packages do not teach you to write HTML and CSS.
    Last edited by jedaisoul; 06-25-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Yea, it's all valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas! View Post
    Yea, it's all valid.
    See my amended post above...

Harsh, but fair enough. Thank you.

Thread Information