www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: DHTML Window x Form

DHTML Window x Form

Hey everybody,

I'm developing a website myself (and I'm not a programmer) where within a service page there is a contact link where the user clicks and it opens an DHTML window. As follow the code:

script type="text/javascript">
    function openmypage(){ //Define arbitrary function to run desired DHTML Window widget codes
    ajaxwin=dhtmlwindow.open("ajaxbox", "ajax", "../contato/form_geral_caravanas.php?titulo=Rocha Eterna", "Formulário de Contato - Caravanas", "width=450px,height=300px,left=300px,top=100px,resize=1,scrolling=1")
    ajaxwin.onclose=function(){return window.confirm("Fechar formulário de contato?")} //Run custom code when window is about to be closed
    }
    </script>

<p>Informações: Quer comprar uma viagem? (11) xxxx.xxxx ou <a href="#" onClick="openmypage(); return false">clique aqui</a>.</p>

This DHTML window has a contact form and I need it to on subimit the form make the "ok message" in the same dhtml window and I'm not managing to make it work. If I echo the "ok message" it convert the DHTML window in the main window and if I onsubmit="window.close" it closes all windows, including the main window.

Anyone could help me with this?

Tks

Someone suggested to create an alert, I've tried as follow the code:

mysql_select_db($database_locaweb, $locaweb);
    $Result1 = mysql_query($insertSQL, $locaweb) or die(mysql_error());

echo "<script>alert('Mensagem enviada com sucesso! Em breve entraremos em contato. ');</script>";

Wen I press the send button on the contact form now appears a little window with the alert message but when I press ok it makes the form in the main window again.

Anyone has another idea?

tks

Maybe use onbeforeunload instead of onclose? Or try the JavaScript forum here where the real JS gurus are.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thank you but the onclose does not affect the submit form, its just used if someone click the x to close the windown.

If someone has any other ideia I'm open
    Mean time I will try the JS forum as you suggested!

Thanks !!!

Thread Information