www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Requesting Site Review - MapYourVote.com

Requesting Site Review - MapYourVote.com

Hey everyone, I just launched a new site called www.MapYourVote.com and would love to get some feedback/comments. Thanks very much for all your help.

Ie8

I am using IE8, so why does your software say that I am not using it? The Landing Page does not let me in past that page. What should I do? I have been using IE8 for a few years now.

youTUBE software believes I am using IE7, I don't hnow why that is. Did you get the logic from one of their sources?

Oh interesting... MapYourVote does support IE8 but not IE7.
    IE8 has a "compatability mode" that essentially turns it back into IE7. My guess is you have this turned on by accident. Here is a web page I found that tells you how to turn it off
    http://www.lotterypost.com/help/228176

Just as a side note, I would suggest trying other browsers because IE8 is very slow relative to Firefox or Google Chrome. My guess is you will have a way better experience with all web sites using one of those. IE9 is much better but it only works on Windows 7. That is just a side note, for your informaiton type of thing.

Thanks for your feedback and be sure to let me know if you continue having problems!

You were correct.

I did have compatability on, and I turned it off.

The site rolls up well. It can be helpful to me. I will enroll soon, so I stuck it on my Favorites.

It is a useful service.

Quote Originally Posted by WyCnet View Post
    I am using IE8, so why does your software say that I am not using it? The Landing Page does not let me in past that page. What should I do? I have been using IE8 for a few years now.
    Do you know that IE is not secure for your computer? And it's not modern (I mean doesn't work well with latest css, html codes, that provides amazing things). I know how habits important for all peoples, but please change it on Chrome or (better) Safari. And you will get more handy tools, fast and modern, that give's you more opportunities than IE

Thread Information