www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Please Review My Game - "Memory Monk"

Please Review My Game - "Memory Monk"

Hello I have made a new game to exercise my memory muscles because I felt they were getting weak.

Please critique:
    http://pagefabricator.com/memorymonk/

Features include:
    - Saving and loading games without needing to sign in or register.
    - Smart handling of the enter button, so it doesn't submit a form when it shouldn't, but can be used to go to the next required input.
    - A difficulty curve that hopefully is challenging without being frustrating.

Thanks

There are many types of replies.

It has an Interesting setup. Commenting about any genre of memory type products depends a lot on whether it is psychological, or philosophical. If it is a psychologically based response then there are many, but it it were to be philosophically bent then the answers are tightly constrained. Therefore I will comment about the presentation.

You could add a little color, black is not a color (an American enlightened me about it), and most modern text is moving away from the ancient inherited blackened text. You should remember Plotinus sunk a knife into the blackness of things, plunging Europe into darkness. Otherwise if you think phrasal memory serves humanity, then go for it...
    Knowledge is that which can be shown to be the case, and Intelligence is the method one uses to deploy the demonstration of what is the case, everything else is Information.

For a stronger Text reading try:
    http://www.wyc3.com/diction.php

How much of a memory tool is it if it uses auto complete to help me add in the right answer?

Quote Originally Posted by spufi View Post
    How much of a memory tool is it if it uses auto complete to help me add in the right answer?
    lol. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

It's not the web-page itself that does this; it's an option in some web-browser and I guess in some it's turned on by default. I just tested and found that firefox and ie weren't doing this on my computer but chrome and safari were.

I've now added code to instruct browsers not to use auto-complete for these inputs, and it worked on chrome and safari at least.

Hope this fixes it for you too. Please let me know if it doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by WyCnet View Post
    It has an Interesting setup. Commenting about any genre of memory type products depends a lot on whether it is psychological, or philosophical. If it is a psychologically based response then there are many, but it it were to be philosophically bent then the answers are tightly constrained. Therefore I will comment about the presentation.

You could add a little color, black is not a color (an American enlightened me about it), and most modern text is moving away from the ancient inherited blackened text. You should remember Plotinus sunk a knife into the blackness of things, plunging Europe into darkness.
    Good idea I'll mess around with some colour schemes and see how it goes.

Otherwise if you think phrasal memory serves humanity, then go for it...
    Well I'm hoping it will serve me, at least. If others benefit too that would be a bonus.

lol i loved the game
    but a few more colors would be really nice

Thread Information