Hi all,
My name is Dale Nicholson I am a new web developer located in Sydney, Australia.
I gave up 10 years of working full time in a dud job to follow my dream. Which is, from I what I have learnt over the last 12 months, to design and develop web sites.

I came into this industry with a bit of a naivety, but after 12 months of studying web development full time I can say that I have learnt so much.
I am about to embark on a Diploma in Web Development which I am sure will help me gain even more experience.

However, the reason for this post is to ask those more experienced designers out there, where to go from here? What paths did you take to get where you are today?
I know that deep down I have the potential to design, develop and even advance in back-end development, though I think my passion is front-end development.

I see websites by designers like Kathryn Cornelius , Gage Salzano and Shelly Cooper and just marvel in their brilliance. I ask myself "What was their inspiration? How did their concept develop? How do I learn to grasp these skills in myself?"...

I am not a very good drawer/artist by any means, but I feel I have got a very good designing brain. So, I guess what I really want to ask is, does anybody recommend studying any sort of design course at university? or any other course for that matter?

I thank you for reading this if you got this far and I look forward to reading some of your advice.

Thank you

Dale Nicholson