www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: review the redo plz...

Question review the redo plz...

According to the advice of you guys, I've redone my site (http://www.geocities.com/otacon2662/ for the intro which is a under construction page right now, or http://www.geocities.com/otacon2662/projep/ for the homepage) with 100% CSS, new colors, more styles, and more thought put into design

check it and review!! also i fixed the games enough so that theres no error pages i didnt make.

Check your site in Firebird. Not that I thought it looked great in IE....

Again, you are going to get people who will complain about the colors being hard on the eyes. If not, I will.

that's why i have multiple color schemes. if u dont like 1 go to another 1. and if singed, wet, and forest hurt your eyes, then choose black and white. also pick which one looks best to you.

in addition, plz tell me what looks bad, not just it looks bad. and i cant look at it on firebird, i dont have itm all i have is ie6.

Originally posted by omega
    tnd i cant look at it on firebird, i dont have itm all i have is ie6.
    http://www.mozilla.org/products/firebird
    Thousand different paths
    So many sterile ends
    I chose the Devil's path

Never shall the sun kiss my face
    And caress me with it's burning light
    For I dwell in the shadows
    And sleep side by side with death

Dial up.... would take hours for me to download any browser. takes around 30 seconds for each page to load up.

Originally posted by omega
    Dial up.... would take hours for me to download any browser. takes around 30 seconds for each page to load up.
    Hmmm... what do you get connected at? I've also got dial-up -- and bad dial-up, I should say. Usually connected at 31.2 Kbps.
    But you should look into testing in another browser besides IE.
    Dial-up shouldn't be a problem, either, unless it's worse than mine. I've got IE 5.01, IE 5.5, IE 6, Netscape 7.1, Opera 7, Mozilla 1.5, and Firebird 0.7.
    Thousand different paths
    So many sterile ends
    I chose the Devil's path

Never shall the sun kiss my face
    And caress me with it's burning light
    For I dwell in the shadows
    And sleep side by side with death

no, you're pretty much the same. also, i tried downloading netscape a while ago... 5 hours later i was just like "screw this." anyways... im thinking of getting out of web design... my pages are horrible according to u ppl, and im not getting anything for it.... maybe ill get back into writing and just lave my site running, adding story chapters to it from time to time.

hold on ill post the screen shot
    Attached Images Attached Images

For the record, Firebird is a stripped down version of the Mozilla browser and is a 6MB dowload. If that takes you more than five hours on a 56K connection, then your ISP sucks.

More on colors later.

i dont like all the lines and everything that clutters your pages...never heard the phrase "the simpler the better"?

I would ditch the background and go with a small tiled image or a solid color. Having huge background images, that the user has to download, is not exactly a good idea ever, especially when your host is qeocities and your bandwidth is capped.

Originally posted by spufi
    For the record, Firebird is a stripped down version of the Mozilla browser and is a 6MB dowload. If that takes you more than five hours on a 56K connection, then your ISP sucks.

More on colors later.
    my isp sucks? gee, how did you know? -.-

Originally posted by iniquity101
    i dont like all the lines and everything that clutters your pages...never heard the phrase "the simpler the better"?
    differences in style there... i like the busy look, and i did that on purpose- why else would i make a div 3 times as long as it needs to be? anyways, i was wondering if i could get a thorough visual analysis of mysite... ***** all you want, and ill just say thanks and not argue.

as soon as my site looks good according to you, I'll be leaving this forum and leave my site be, adding content like an actualy webmaster should.

oh and all that *****ing i did earlier? i was in a bad mood. always am

the busy look just looks like chaos to me. Keep it tidy, keep it simple. If you want busy put entertaining content on the site. Content > layout.

Originally posted by PeOfEo
    I would ditch the background and go with a small tiled image or a solid color. Having huge background images, that the user has to download, is not exactly a good idea ever, especially when your host is qeocities and your bandwidth is capped.
    i might do that, take out the bg. tiled images always bug me tho... ill instantly hate any site that uses them. except penny-arcade.com. theyre special :P

Thread Information