dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Mobile Site Simulator: Any Suggested Sites?

Mobile Site Simulator: Any Suggested Sites?

Hello,

I need to see how mobile sites will display on wireless devices, but I want to be able to view this on a regular Macbook or PC. In other words, I want to view sites that are configured for wireless devices, however I want to be able to view this on my regular computer.

Any suggestions for websites or applications that will help me to so? I searched a bunch of sites but none seemed to work well.

Thanks!

If you are a web developer then you can install emulators for the type of OS you are targeting. From there you should be able to choose any popular phone to see how your site will look like.

You also have web based simulators such as http://iphone4simulator.com/
    There are plenty of those you can easily find with a quick search.

Thanks for the suggestion. This is a cool site, however, it does not act exactly as a mobile device would.

When you type in the domain in this simulator, it shows you how a normal site will display on the phone, but it does not redirect to the site's mobile site as it would if you tried this on the actual mobile device. (Also, on mobile devices, the site's size becomes reduced to fit the screen and on this simulator, it does not so you have to scroll a lot).

And if I try to type in a mobile site manually, such as "m.cornell.edu", for some reason, it will not recognize it as being legit. Any idea why? Maybe there is some code that only allows certain mobile sites to ONLY show up on true mobile devices...

Thanks again.

There are certainly other web sites that would do a better job.
    However most of them will certainly focus on the dimensions to show you a reduced version whereas an emulator will actually simulate the mobile features.

Just Google Android Phone emulator, iphone emulator or windows phone emulator.

Thread Information