www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Web request

Web request

Hi

I want to know the life cycle events of a user request for any web project. For example if user clicks for any website lets say www.yahoo.com then until it recieves the response in the browser what all happens in background.

Thanks in advance

I suspect that you do not understand the enormity of what you are asking. A full answer would go well beyond my knowledge. Also I do not understand why you want to know this? What purpose does it serve to know the inner workings of the web???

I am looking for a higher level answer not going in lot of inner deatils but woul like to understand all the steps a request goes throw before a response gets rendered on the browser. For example a NS lookup or things like that

To start with what I want to understand is when I write a url in my browser who decides to direct it to the Application Servers which will be sending the response. meaning if I type google.com then who directs requests to google.com servers

Nothing wrong with wanting to know how stuff works!

Here's a couple links for some reading. DNS, which is responsible for finding systems on the internet by name, and web servers, which of course are providing the content and capabilities of the web.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by tracknut View Post
    Nothing wrong with wanting to know how stuff works!

Here's a couple links for some reading. DNS, which is responsible for finding systems on the internet by name, and web servers, which of course are providing the content and capabilities of the web.

Dave
    Thank you! this is exactly what I was looking for .

Thread Information