dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Hoping for a little help, customizing forms

Red face Hoping for a little help, customizing forms

I'm looking for a quick solution to an odd problem I'm trying to solve.

I've got a standard PHPbb forum deployed on my site, but before I start importing posts from a different forum, I wanted to add a custom date field to the thread/reply submission forms. MM/DD/YY/TT:TT so the posts can be categorized by when they were first created, not by when they're reposted on the new forum.

From my understanding - I'm familiar with programming, just not this language - I need to add the options to the GUI, store the variables and pass them to the db, and then modify the postDisplay to retrieve and show the extra information.

While I eventually plan to learn php, it's not something I can fit into my schedule right now. So, I'm hoping someone might see a quick fix, or a way to point me in the simplest direction to solve this one-time problem I've run into. Thanks in advance for any available help!

Hi
    If it is about phpbb, eaven if you know php, is hard to know where and what to modify in the script.
    Maybe you can get some help on phpbb.com , they know better how to make changes in phpbb script.

resolved

Thank you for the direction! I will definitely check over there to see if I can find a solution to this issue.

Thread Information