www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Cannot set session variable

Cannot set session variable

Hi,

I have have a simple problem which I feel like it can be easily solved. I have a folder named "Processing" with a file named login.php inside. I also have an index.php file and a dashboard.php file outside of that folder.

If I try to use $_SESSION['test'] = "test" inside the index.php file and output this variable on the dashboard.php file with echo($_SESSION['test']); it works.

However, if I try to set the test session variable from within processing/login.php, it is not setting the variable anymore! I had the same problem with the cookie variables and I fixed it by passing a "/" argument to the function setcookie()... However, I dont know how to do something similar for the session variable...

If that's the issue, you might be able to do the same thing with session_set_cookie_params() (I typed that from memory, so it might not be quite right ).
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thread Information