dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Examples of good web and UI design with minimal or no graphical images

Examples of good web and UI design with minimal or no graphical images

Hi- does anyone have examples of websites that have substantial user interface elements where graphical images were used sparingly or not at all? My main concern with current development is minimalizing the loading envelope for the site and I want to use HTML5 page caching to load all pages as soon as site is accessed. In other words, I am trying to do everything I can to minimize loading in terms of bandwidth needed and speed in practical use. So I need some inspiration from good sites that don't rely on graphics, as ideally I would like the only graphics loaded to be the logo on the site and some other minimum required images.

Thank you for any thoughts.

Google has been pretty clear of graphical treatments for a good while.

Yeah, but I have always found their interfaces to be cluttered and not that great looking...

You find the minimalist Google homepage cluttered?

No- not the interfaces as a whole. Sorry- to clarify:

1. I think Google's interfaces are functional and clear, but the clutter comes in places where there are a lot of text elements that the eye has to sort through to determine which is the correct function.

2. While the interfaces themselves are sparse and clean, there are not many visual cues to what the borders are of each interface element and where the functions end. This, at least to me, gives me a feeling of "noise" when I think some colored panels or something would clear things up a bit.

Thread Information