www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Login form for another site

Login form for another site

Hi all,

I have my website - www.lidanceconnection.com - and I want to put a login form on the site, that will allow users to sign in from my website to our customer portal site (which is hosted by a different sever - its from our software company).

Basically, I need the form to log them in as if they're logging in through this page:
    https://app.mydanceworks.net/custome...ntid=ak236388j

I thought that I could just use html, make 2 text inputs, label them the same as it does in the portal's html source, and then have the form "POST" to the same address as in the portal's html source. But it didn't work. It seems to be set up more complicated than that.

Can you take a look at the source code and give me any ideas.

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Thanks again,
    Joe

It seems to me that this is not a good idea for two reasons. First and most importantly, a website should not implement any kind of cross-domain log-in because it conveys the idea that this is a safe and normal practice when it is not. Second, it makes your site look unprofessional and unconcerned in the eyes of those users who do understand the potential problems.

I would suggest that you find another way to do whatever you're trying to do.
    Rick Trethewey
    Rainbo Design

Thread Information