www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: windows.open() function opens new tab instead of new window in IE11

windows.open() function opens new tab instead of new window in IE11

Dear Team,

Im migrating my application from ie8 to ie11. The below code opens a new window in ie 8 as expected but in ie 11 it opens a new tab.

I checked in microsoft website, they told to change internet pop up settings.
    But i need to make some changes in code itself so that it creates new window instead of new tab.

Is there a method/code available to force the ie11 to open new window instead of new tab.

Please advice.

Below is the code which opens new window in ie 8 and new tab in ie11.

Code:
    window.open("<%=CfSPBPropertyWrapper.getInstance().getProperty("cfLink")%>?actionName=SP_ACON_LD_CAC_QUEUE&viewName=spbill_f_clc_que&SPB_HIDDEN_APPLICATION_ID=2&SPB_INPUT_NUMBER="+No);<a class="iotext"  name="Number" href="#" onclick="javascript:loadPage('<%=item.getWITypeID()%>','<%=item.getNumber()%>');" ><%=Utility.nullToString(item.Number())%></a>

You can't force on to people what they don't want, be happy with what you get!
    Yes, I know I'm about as subtle as being hit by a bus..(\\.\ Aug08)
    Yep... I say it like I see it, even if it is like a baseball bat in the nutz... (\\.\ Aug08)
    I want to leave this world the same way I came into it, Screaming, Incontinent & No memory!
    I laughed that hard I burst my colostomy bag... (\\.\ May03)
    Life for some is like a car accident... Mine is like a motorway pile up...

Problems with Vista? :: Getting Cryptic wid it. :: The 'C' word! :: Whois?

You'd HATE my browser setup -- window.open doesn't even do anything; hell I wish there was a way to block that stupid malfing TARGET attribute that has no business on any non-frameset website written after 1997.

Though honestly, it looks like you're just opening it for one lousy anchor? Why not just apo a DIV over your content and put it there?

Though it looks like you've got VB scripting in there via ASP (or something similar) -- that nonsense is filled with bad practices not designed to work in any modern browser; outright blocked in many due to security risks.

Seriously, I'd axe the window.open nonsense and just handle it on the existing page. It was an annoyingly bad thing a decade ago, it has no business on any modern browser and is blocked in many of them by default for a reason!
    Java is to JavaScript as Ham is to Hamburger.

Thread Information