dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: @font-face

Hybrid View

@font-face

Hi All,

I have a strange front-face issue.

I have generated my font on font squirrel and linked to the files within my css as normal. It works on my local host and my own hosting server. However when I put it on my friends server it does not show the fonts correctly.

The strange as it by using a little firefox add-on FOUNT the page is using the correct font at the correct size but it looks a lot larger in on this server only!

I can PM a link over but don't like putting links on forums as this post then comes up in searches for my website. Never looks good

Thank you,

Can you send me the link i deal with font face everyday and have run into a few problems with it myself so ill take a look for you

give us link , we can assist
    modification---- may be @williamsun comment are right you must check it and let us know
    Last edited by Ttawor.com; 07-29-2012 at 07:25 PM.

I have run in to that problem before. It's displaying on your computer because you have that font installed on your computer. But when uploaded and defined in your css @font-face, or in a css by itself and @import in your main css, zap.

Mine was a truetype font, but maybe it wasn't a true truetype font, or maybe the embedded font specs weren't up to snuff, I'm not sure, but it would not work over the Internet. I used a back-up font instead and everything's fine.

Hi Williamsun,

Well I converted the fonts using another system and not font squirrel and it still did not work. I then done some more searching and with a little help from chrome and it's developer tools I found that the server did not serve the fonts.

Basically it was an MIME issue with the server and I needed to ask the host to add these:-

WOFF – application/x-font-woff
    TTF – font/ttf
    OTF – font/otf
    EOT – application/vnd.ms-fontobject
    SVG – image/svg+xml

And it all worked.

Sorry not to post links but I work freelance and don't want my clients sites to show up on forums in google searches. I use forums to help me and hope I can also offer others help by posting the solutions.

Thank you,

Thread Information