www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Trying to create a user configurable menu...

Question Trying to create a user configurable menu...

Hi folks, I have very little experience with javascripts, however a friend suggested it could be the solution to my problem.

I've been working on a project which would be used on an offline tablet, so security isn't an issue, and everything would be saved to the tablet's hard drive. Also the tablet unfortunately uses Android 1.3 so PHP and Flash are not an option.

I need to create a menu page which would display only the images / buttons that the user has selected from a list on another page. I could do this by using html alone, though to create every possible variation of the menu screen would take forever, especially when the number of options increases.

I guess what I'm asking is, is it possible to have the user go to the list of images / buttons, select them and have that selection saved to a cookie which would tell the menu page which images / buttons to use, preferable in the order they wish them to be displayed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It most certainly CAN be done, and has, so if you want google javascript meny and you should find something already made. If you want to do it, here is the link to a good resource to get yourself up to speed on javascript: http://www.w3schools.com/js/default.asp . Finally, I suggest you look into the document.write functions, this will let you setup and script that will choose, and only write the items you want for whatever occasion you need: http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/met_doc_write.asp

Finally, post up here is you need help on the code you make, and google is always your friend.

Thanks bud, hopefully that'll do the trick

Thread Information