www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Multiple Links

Multiple Links

Hi All, Recently I noticed through Google Webmaster Tools that I suddenly had over 500 backlinks from a single website and 800 from another. A few days later the performance of my website in terms of the number of hits dropped fairly dramatically.

My questions are these, will these links be actually hurting my website, and secondly can or should I do anything about it?

they will affect your positioning on google rankings yes as they are irelivent links

Irrelevant Backlinks

I did not intend to get so many backlinks from just 2 sites. I dont know what happened. All I did was to make a single comment on each of the blogs.

Is there a way I can remove them??

That's asked by several other people already.
    They reported an increase number of links in their WMT a few days before
    getting a message from Google and droping in ranking.

Maybe some of your competitors did the dirty job for you? Anyway, Google stated that you can tell it which backlinks were not created by you or your authorized personel. Maybe you can solve the problem by doing so?

That links will be help you get good ranking position and if that site have irrelevant link then the site will penalize.............

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by IPexpress View Post
    Hi All, Recently I noticed through Google Webmaster Tools that I suddenly had over 500 backlinks from a single website and 800 from another. A few days later the performance of my website in terms of the number of hits dropped fairly dramatically.

My questions are these, will these links be actually hurting my website, and secondly can or should I do anything about it?
    sure, that link will effect on ranking... as well visitors.. if that is not been created by you... then just try to remove it!
    it's happened in very few of blogs like... when you post blog comment you will get appear with anchor text on the many pages like best comment.

so i just want to tell you if you are loosing ranking the just notified that link is not been created by you (if it's not bee created by you) & if you can remove that is the best option... by mail or comunication with that website owner... that is good option from my point of view.

Thanks,
    Any confusion free feel to ask!

Nice post. Thanks for sharing...

Thread Information