www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: News feed HELP

News feed HELP

Hello,
    I am a junior web developer at my new job. I have been asked to create a news feed on our internal(intranet) website for scheduled work events etc.... I need to have it so managers can update it without having access to the html code of the intranet site (so just update it from a different computer/ site).
    Everything I find is about "how to get a feed from a news site", but not really creating one yourself so you update it and it pops up on the intranet site!
    I hope this makes sense and you can help me.
    Thank You!

You are basically looking for resource driven information. Your best bet is gonna be ASP of PHP. Depends on what your servers are running, if you have windows with IIS you are gonna go with asp and sql database, or even access if you don't have high usage. PHP works well, but has to be installed on top of the server. HTML is the least of your issues right now.

thanks Burnme for the info.

I don't want to sound like a newbie/douche! But is there not a APP around that will create this for me and I can just enter the info into the APP and it will populate on the site? How has someone not created this? Almost like twitter!

There isn't really an app I can recommend. There are site management tools, but they are gonna require the server part which you are gonna need access to, so look at something like DotNetNuke or Joomla, something of that nature. Both can be googled but that the best I can say if you don't know how to do it yourself.
    I love how people get an attitude when THEY asked for help.

Thread Information