www.webdeveloper.com
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: My questions thread.

#1: I would say basically no, but see the "change log" section of www.php.net/preg_match for a few minor changes over time.

#3: Functionally, just checking for true/false should be fine, unless you want to capture "not found" (int 0) versus "error occurred" (Boolean false) and handle them separately.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

I recently learned that it's far superior to hash a password with crypt() than it is with md5(). So, I want to make the switch. However, there seems to be debate on just how to use crypt. What technique do you recommend for generating the salt?
    The better I get at programming, the more I appreciate arrays. Handy dandy things they are.

I've been hearing scary things about websites getting hacked and the owners being liable for lots of damages. The site I've been working on doesn't store credit card numbers or social security numbers, but it does collect other personal information, like emails. If it were hacked, and the owner were sued, would they lose? Or would it depend on how much of an effort they made to keep the site secure? Also, I don't know if it matters, but he has a LLC. So I guess, technically, the LLC owns the site? I'm not sure how LLC's work.
    The better I get at programming, the more I appreciate arrays. Handy dandy things they are.

Thread Information