www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: block some useless javascript code

block some useless javascript code

Hi everybody, im new here and new in java-coding .... I have a forum provided by some free host ... i dont have acces to "data-base" that include header. On my forum it's run some useless javascript codes ... so my answer is how i can block running/executing some of this code? If you dont under stand me i will explain more beter

Excuse me, my english is weak !

This is usually prohibited by the host, although some time ago I was able to do it with a hexadecimal script that blocked their header...

You would need to post an example.
    Another way you could do it is with a zero frame that scrapes your page and removes the script.

For example, i will suppose that in my header is this java code (I can not change it beacause it's located in my header):
    Code:
    $(function(){$('a.mainmenu:contains("Inregistrare")').css("color","red");
    How i can block this?
    Or
    I have this JAVA-library that work on my forum : jquery-latest.jq hoq i can stop it ?
    OBs: I can not access my header!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scoalademate View Post
    For example, i will suppose that in my header is this java code (I can not change it beacause it's located in my header):
    Code:
    $(function(){$('a.mainmenu:contains("Inregistrare")').css("color","red");
    How i can block this?
    Or
    I have this JAVA-library that work on my forum : jquery-latest.jq hoq i can stop it ?
    OBs: I can not access my header!!!
    The only way that I can think of that will work is to run the page through a 'screen-scraper' and kill the code you don't want with PHP or some other server side programming language.

You can also try to identify the code you don't like and comment it out...

PHP Code:
    <!--
    //$offending code
    --> 
    In any event, it is far better to pay for hosting that lets you do what you like than to violate some free hosts TOS to hack their safeguards. If you get caught, than you will likely have your site removed for TOS violation, so better off to play fair.

I have some librari like document.js with 42kb ... i want block it by using jquery ... it's posible ?

Yes, it is possible.

Just use PHP to comment it out in the head, and/or replace it with a different library.

If you are getting free hosting, and use this to block your free host from putting ads or frames on your page, this will probably only work for a short time as they will likely take down your site once they discover the script.

Thread Information