www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Tool to grab video from a website?

Tool to grab video from a website?

Hi guys,

Basically my client has asked for local copies of the tour videos found on their website. They are having problems obtaining ftp details and just wondered if there was an easy way to do this.

This is the site - http://www.novatours.tv/

I know theres plugins for Firefox etc like Download Helper etc but it doesnt seem to work for this site. Looks like the videos are embedded on a timeline so there are no individual file extensions for each clip.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

83 views...So no one knows much about video on here then?

This is an interesting.

I managed to get to this file which defines the page's content.

http://www.astoundinggroup.com/engin...s_brochure.xml

The videos are the links that end in .flv
    e.g.
    rtmp://s3i5ar3o5quc0p.cloudfront.net/cfx/st/&id=AstoundingGroupSites/NOVA_TOURS/bridlington.flv

So to make a backup of them you'll need to extract all of those links and use a software that will download RTMP streams. A quick Google search revealed that Orbit Downloader maybe be able to download them. I haven't tried it.

I have made some scripts and extracted the list of the FLVs. Hope this helps.

rtmp://s3i5ar3o5quc0p.cloudfront.net/cfx/st/&id=AstoundingGroupSites/NOVA_TOURS/blairgowrie.flv
    rtmp://s3i5ar3o5quc0p.cloudfront.net/cfx/st/&id=AstoundingGroupSites/NOVA_TOURS/bridlington.flv
    rtmp://s3i5ar3o5quc0p.cloudfront.net/cfx/st/&id=AstoundingGroupSites/NOVA_TOURS/criccieth.flv
    rtmp://s3i5ar3o5quc0p.cloudfront.net/cfx/st/&id=AstoundingGroupSites/NOVA_TOURS/cumbria_new.flv
    rtmp://s3i5ar3o5quc0p.cloudfront.net/cfx/st/&id=AstoundingGroupSites/NOVA_TOURS/falmouth.flv
    rtmp://s3i5ar3o5quc0p.cloudfront.net/cfx/st/&id=AstoundingGroupSites/NOVA_TOURS/felixstowe.flv
    rtmp://s3i5ar3o5quc0p.cloudfront.net/cfx/st/&id=AstoundingGroupSites/NOVA_TOURS/mill_rythe.flv
    rtmp://s3i5ar3o5quc0p.cloudfront.net/cfx/st/&id=AstoundingGroupSites/NOVA_TOURS/kingussie.flv
    rtmp://s3i5ar3o5quc0p.cloudfront.net/cfx/st/&id=AstoundingGroupSites/NOVA_TOURS/southport.flv
    rtmp://s3i5ar3o5quc0p.cloudfront.net/cfx/st/&id=AstoundingGroupSites/NOVA_TOURS/irvine.flv
    rtmp://s3i5ar3o5quc0p.cloudfront.net/cfx/st/&id=AstoundingGroupSites/NOVA_TOURS/norfolk.flv
    rtmp://s3i5ar3o5quc0p.cloudfront.net/cfx/st/&id=AstoundingGroupSites/NOVA_TOURS/tynemouth.flv
    rtmp://s3i5ar3o5quc0p.cloudfront.net/cfx/st/&id=AstoundingGroupSites/NOVA_TOURS/about_nova_tours.flv
    Last edited by lordspace; 08-01-2012 at 08:44 AM. Reason: provided links to the FLVs.

Thread Information