dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Hover over image to fade in/out separate text

Exclamation Hover over image to fade in/out separate text

Anyone know how to do this?

Will have 4 screenshots to the left in a square formation (2 by 2), and a header and text list to the right of them. I would like the header and text list to change (fade in/out) dependant on what screenshot is being hovered over.

Have spent hours looking and can't find anything to suit or anyone who has asked this before!

Any help much appreciated, cheers.

Super easy with jQuery's "fadeToggle".

http://www.jasondahlin.com/2011/codi...ng-effects.asp

In the example above, the sideBard initially appears and the fadeToggle makes it disappear then reappear. For you, you would have 4 elements (the headline and text) which would all initially, be hidden, using "display:none". Create an "on hover" (or use mouseover if you want the quote to stay 'appeared') that 1) hides any of the other 3 elements that are displayed, and 2) shows the element containing the headline and text for the image that is being hovered on.

Quote Originally Posted by nzhardcore View Post
    Anyone know how to do this?

Will have 4 screenshots to the left in a square formation (2 by 2), and a header and text list to the right of them. I would like the header and text list to change (fade in/out) dependant on what screenshot is being hovered over.

Have spent hours looking and can't find anything to suit or anyone who has asked this before!

Any help much appreciated, cheers.
    I wrote this for my buttons, you can use CSS sprites for images which will go to Black&White or Color and a text box will change the description. You can just add a little fade script for the text on hover and you have it.

http://jsfiddle.net/hxzRq/1/

Thread Information