www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: White space in IE 9 for drupal website

White space in IE 9 for drupal website

Hello, in Internet Explorer 9, the theme I'm using has lots of white space at the top of the main content area, and then the content shows up. I was wondering if anyone could please help me fix this. A link to one of the webpages is:
    About Seeds of Diversity. We are a NGO and charitable organization and any help would be appreciated. The actual CSS is taken from many files so I don't really know how to post the code for that. Thanks for reading.

A fast solution (not the cleanest)

Would be to detect ie9 with a bit of js or jq, and to add a position relative and top -950px to the #main div.

Have you tried adding Meyer's CSS Reset as the first CSS link on all pages? I did not see any large amount of white space using Fx 14, but you might have corrected the problem by now.

Some HTML errors for that one page if you can correct them.

Okay, thanks for the help guys. I'll try solving the problem with these two methods and then report back soon if it worked or not.

One other suggestion since the problem is with IE. Try making a separate IE only CSS and call it using IE's Conditional Comments. IE does not dimension pages the same as other browsers. I switched my IE 9 to IE 9 document mode using the Web Tools (F12) and your page looked like the one in Fx 14. IE 7 is IE 9's default document mode.

IE Bugs
    Last edited by Major Payne; 08-03-2012 at 12:49 PM.

On wilderness/styles.css replace

Code:
    .tabs {
    height: 2em;
    }
    with
    Code:
    .tabs {
    height: 0px;
    }
    if there is really nothing on it. Or just remove that entire dom on your theme if you don't need it
    Good Luck

Santos Systems

Thread Information