www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Bat into php!

Bat into php!

Hi everyone!

First of all im new to this forum and also new regarding bat/php things , so i hope someone here can be at help. Im trying to help out other people with easy install of a hardware defined key to their pc.

what i got is this in a bat file:

@echo Date: %DATE% Time: %TIME% User: %USERNAME% Hostname: %COMPUTERNAME% OS: %OS% CPU: %Processor_Identifier% CPU Arch: %Processor_Architecture% Cores: %Number_Of_Processors% CPU Rev: %Processor_Revision% CPU Level: %Processor_Level% Key: %RANDOM%%RANDOM%%RANDOM%%RANDOM%%RANDOM%%RANDOM%%RANDOM%%RANDOM% >>myhardwarekey

i need this integrated into a php page with a button so when they press the button they download the hardware made key to a specific folder or a user defined folder.
    Example:

C:/program files/my program

i found this on the internet:

<?php
    if(isset($_POST['submit']))
    {
    echo exec('start.bat');
    echo "Done!";
    } else {
    // display the form
    ?>
    <form action="" method="post">
    <input type="submit" name="submit" value="DO IT!">
    </form>
    <?php
    }
    ?>

if thats of any kind of help?

Regards Odin

The "exec" in the sample script you posted will execute on the server, not the customer's machine. I don't know exactly what you are trying to do, but if you have a limited understanding of php, you might be better off looking for a program already written to handle downloads.

-Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimr451 View Post
    The "exec" in the sample script you posted will execute on the server, not the customer's machine. I don't know exactly what you are trying to do, but if you have a limited understanding of php, you might be better off looking for a program already written to handle downloads.

-Jim
    i just found out about that yesterday

what i need it to do is to execute the bat file or maybe a php script, so it takes hardware info from the client pc and saves this into a key (fil) on the client pc, this prefered also with userdefined option on where to save the key. I have looked about everywhere for a solution for this but without any luck (actually used 6+ hours on it yesterday) , thats why im asking in this forum since many of you are pro´s regarding issues like this

Regards Odin

Quote Originally Posted by odinthorfreja View Post
    i just found out about that yesterday

what i need it to do is to execute the bat file or maybe a php script, so it takes hardware info from the client pc and saves this into a key (fil) on the client pc, this prefered also with userdefined option on where to save the key. I have looked about everywhere for a solution for this but without any luck (actually used 6+ hours on it yesterday) , thats why im asking in this forum since many of you are pro´s regarding issues like this

Regards Odin
    Won't happen with PHP (unless the user has PHP installed in their machine and runs your script themselves). Try Java or some other client application language.

Thread Information