dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Changing iFrame

Question Changing iFrame

Hi all,

I'm currently making a new site for an online service I soon hope to be providing, however I've come across a problem with a feature I would have liked to implement. Whilst phoning customers, I would like to be able to add, remove or change text in an iFrame live, hopefully you'll understand what I mean. I don't program so it needs to be something simple or a service that can do it for me, if anyone could help point me in the right direction I would be very grateful. It would be great if I could update the iFrame from another site.

Regards.

George

Hi and welcome to the site.

An IFrame allows you to input directly to the target web page from your web page, which seems to be what you are asking for. Indeed you have to use a trick like overlaying the IFrame with a transparent item to disable the input! So I'm not sure what your problem is?

Also, if you do not program, how (and why) are you building a web site? Presumably you are using a website builder of some sort? In which case this thread is in the wrong forum, and, more importantly, you are limited to the functionality it provides. If you want to do something different, you will have to learn to code it! The alternative is to find a friendly person (preferably local to you) who is both familiar with the site builder you are using and knows how to enhance it. Good luck!
    Last edited by jedaisoul; 05-09-2016 at 04:16 AM.

We can change the iFrame of website with the help of JQuery........
    jQuery('.out-div-login').html("<iframe id='parent' frameBorder='0' width='320' height='500' src='"+_url+"'></iframe>");

Thread Information