www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Getting round a form in a form

Getting round a form in a form

I'm trying to insert an upload section within a Wordpress post page that gets round the upload file size limit set by the shared hosting.

I put together a form and php script and got the upload bit working. When I went to use it in Wordpress I found that I was unable to use a form within another form.

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">

// Javascript to sort out a couple of fields
     function triggerSubmit(e){
        var textbox1 = document.getElementById('uploadedfileName');  
        var textbox2 = document.getElementById('firstname');  

textbox2.value = textbox1.value;
        textbox1.value = '';

return false; // Prevent form auto submittal

}

</script>
    <html>
    <head></head>
    <body>
    <form id="myform" enctype="multipart/form-data" action="upload-control.php" method="post" target="foo" onSubmit="window.open('', 'foo', 'width=450,height=300,status=yes,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes')" method="POST">
        Firstname: <input type="text" id="firstname" name="firstname" />
        Choose a file to upload: <input name="uploadedfile" type="file" id="uploadedfile" onChange="uploadedfileName.value=uploadedfile.value"/><br /><br>
        <input name="uploadedfileName" type="hidden" id="uploadedfileName" tabindex="99" size="1" />
        <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Upload File" onClick="triggerSubmit()" />
        <br>
    </form>
    </body>
    The form works fine on its own and the php file parses all the data and uploads a file via ftp

However if I insert this form in to the Wordpress Admin New Post Page, it won't work because it's my form inside their form. I need a work around but my javascript skills are pretty poor.

The php script uses these variables from the form so they need to be passed via javascript...
    Code:
    UPLOAD-CONTROL.PHP
    <? 
    // $output_form = false; // Set output_form variable to false by default.
    $fileInfo = $_FILES['uploadedfile'];  // Make an array out of the file information.       store in $fileInfo
    $filePath = $fileInfo['tmp_name'];  // Take the file path name and store in $filePath.

$fileName = basename($_FILES['uploadedfile']['name']);    // Get filename from path

// Add a check for file name for spaces or dashes - - -   <---Those things.  Return an error message if spaces/dashes are found.

// Add a check form for valid fields.
    //$destination_path = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'\\'.$fileName; 
    $destination_path = "dd/$fileName";  

?>
    I've been trying to turn the form in to a normal href link but I'm not sure how to pass the variables that the php script requires.

Can anyone help?

couldn't you remove the <form and /form> tags and add the upload-control.php file to be called by the javascript with the submits onChange in the input field?

Code:
    new AjaxUpload(btnUpload, {
    			action: 'upload-control.php

Thread Information