www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to use subdomains?

How to use subdomains?

Hello

I am developing a website http://www.zilex95.net/, and it was meant for some League of Legends streaming. After I started I decided I wanted to make a Minecraft Server and let it be a part of the site, and so on...

So my question is, how can I use subdomains? I would like all the streams to be on e.g. stream.zilex95.net, and the Minecraft stuff on mc.zilex95.net... etc.

I am using FreeDNS, http://freedns.afraid.org/.

You can create subdomains with your hosting CP or control panel.
    But keep in mind that subdomains share the same IP as the main domain.

Hello

Thank you for responding, but what I can't figure out is how to have different parts of the website in different subdomains. Can I make a folder and link it to the subdomain?

As I said earlier, I want a subdomain like "stream.zilex95.net/home" and there i could have a homepage for the streams and then on and on with "/stream_00342/". So how can that content be viewed only if you put in stream. before the adress?=

Espen

"stream.zilex95.net/home" wouldn't be a subdomain, but "stream.zilex95.net" could be. As mentioned, look at your hosting control panel to see if then allow it (not all will). If they do, then yes typically you'd associate a subdomain with a particular folder in your host.

Dave

Thread Information