www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Help please!!-FTP File download through another web server.

Help please!!-FTP File download through another web server.

Hello
    Help please!!
    simplified scenerio: ftp server & web server are connected to a switch. Clients cannot access the ftp servers, but can connect to the web server (eg - index.html), webserver has to provide a file by fetching it from the ftp server.
    I downloaded and installed Xerver+PHP.
    Please advice how to do the scriptings.

thanks and regards
    Manoj

plse help

If by a "switch" you mean a router, just use the local network addresses (usually assigned by the router). You need to make sure that static IPs are being assigned to the servers (at least).

thanks for the reply,
    The whole system is on one network- just 1 switch & all have static IPs. Client PC is connected through a router into this switch. I did a PHP script FTP_get(), but that downloads the file from ftp server into the web server.(what I want is to download into the client PC. )
    I cannot find PHP scripts which runs at web-server that fetches file from FTP server and downloads it into client PC.
    Any advice would be highly appreciated.
    [I succesfully tried FTPUSE software to map the ftp sites into drive letters and then everthing is fine. But I wish to use PHP, if possible, to do this job, instead of FTPUSE s/w]
    thanks and regards
    Manoj

I do not understand your problem. The users are responsible for initiating a download. It seems to me that you need to ask yourself why the files are hosted on the ftp server in the first place??? But I'm no server guru.
    Last edited by jedaisoul; 08-14-2012 at 04:29 PM.

how can i redirect a client to a ftp site, eg, when he clicks a link on my web page, he should be redirected to the ftp website containing the file and start download.
    thanks and regards
    Manoj

Quote Originally Posted by Manoj Kumar View Post
    how can i redirect a client to a ftp site, eg, when he clicks a link on my web page, he should be redirected to the ftp website containing the file and start download.
    thanks and regards
    Manoj
    website is located in which server?

If it's on Apache,create .accesses as simple code to redirect

http://www.viteb.com/joomla-cms-development

Thread Information