dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: What does a business analyst do?

What does a business analyst do?

What does a business analyst do? What course do you take to become a business analyst?

I've worked as a BA at a few places...each place had a different idea of what a BA did or should do. I got a degree in CIS focused in systems analysis (I now work as a systems analyst) but did not have my degree before landing my first BA gig.

Most places a business analyst looks at the workflow process and comes up with solutions to increase their ROI.. to over generalize.

I'll enter a business and go over their entire process and come up with ideas to use technology to cut down on man hours so they can focus their efforts in other areas - freeing up time to be used on something else thats more productive.. essentially giving the ability to increase the amount of sales / service they can provide without increasing man power.

There are a lot of businesses out there where I can come up with a solution that will cost them xx,xxx to implement but saves them from hiring another employee at 30-40,000 a year, and also increasing total throughput.

You need to understand both the business and technology side.. most business men don't understand tech, and most tech people just don't understand business
    Last edited by mistin.ca; 10-17-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Thread Information