Hi All
This is kind of a complicated situation so I'll try and explain it as best I can. I inherited this code and unfortunately, I'm not a javascript/web guy - I'm a traditional programmer so at times I think something should be possible but often I'm wrong...

I have a web app that has a basic form pointing to a java servlet. The response from the servlet is an XML file. I use the expected ajax code to receive the response - I then use a transform call to display the data. Here's the snippet from the js file - the displayResults is the callback on successfully retrieving the data from the servlet:

var UI = function() {
UI.prototype.displayResults = function(data, status) {
$("#receivedlookupdiv").transform({
xmlstr : data,
xsl : "XSLT/ReceiptList-2.0.xsl"
});

};
};
//end UI core object.
var coreUI = {};
$(document).ready(function() {
coreUI = new UI();
});

The transform is a simple list of some of the data received from the servlet - nothing hugely complicated...the problem is, one of the items in the list is a clickable that should then display more information from the original response in a pop-up. The way this was done is to re-retrieve the information from the servlet...but I'm finding that hard to swallow. This is from the XSL file (part of the display from the ReceiptList-2.0.xsl file):

<td>
<a onClick="displayWindow('{$values}');" id="singleReceipt" class="view_link" style="cursorointer;">
<xsl:value-of select="h:ReceiptNumber"/>
</a>

and the displayWindow function is in the main index page:

function displayWindow(abc) {
window.open("SingleReceipt.html?id=" + abc, "", "height=850,width=800,status=no,location=no,toolbar=no,directories=no,menubar=no");
}

So, right now the SingleReceipt.html file has another ajax call to re-retrieve the data from the servlet based on the id and to then call another transform on the received data to display it in the new window. My question is: is there any way to make the originally received data from the original ajax call available to the SingleReceipt.html file? Global variables within the UI variable above I don't think will do it since there would be a new instance of that variable created within SingleReceipt.html - is there a way to pass the received data along after the transform?

I know this is a bit complicated by I hope I explained my goal...

I'd really appreciate any feedback!

Thanks
Elliot