www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Margins

Question Margins

I am about to post a website and I'd like to make sure that the site does not appear to big on all computers. The last website I developed, even though I won an award for it's design appeared to big on other computers. I'd like to make sure that my website is compatible on all computers. How can I fix the HTML pages so that entire page appears on everyone's computer.

There are some very specific details in this process, it's not just one "do this and it will solve all compatibility problems" answer unfortunately. But as a general rule, you need to write standards-based code, and size most of your objects as percentages of the browser window size, rather than as a fixed size in pixels.

Dave

If you post a link to your site, we may be able to give you some advice, but without seeing the site, we cannot be very specific.

Cd&

Quote Originally Posted by COBOLdinosaur View Post
    If you post a link to your site, we may be able to give you some advice, but without seeing the site, we cannot be very specific.

Cd&
    I second that -- I think you (the OP) are asking for a flexible/fluid layout, but we won't know for sure until you provide the link to your page.

Thread Information