www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: css3-mediaqueries.js not working in IE8

css3-mediaqueries.js not working in IE8

Ok, so obviously this script works in IE8 based on people raving about it. But, I cant get it to work for the life of me. I included the reference tag as stated by the documentation site, but to no avail it still wont fire up my media queries and scale my image at all in IE8.
    I currently have my media queries set in em increments as I want native browser support to render my text accordingly. However, I read about this being an issue with the respond.js script but I'm not sure if the same is true for the css3-mediaqueries.js script. I have experienced IE8 crashing when both scripts were implemented (separately, of course), so something in my code is conflicting obviously, but I cant identify it.
    With that said, I included my code in a JS Fiddle here. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Sorry. Here is the link to the JS Fiddle: http://jsfiddle.net/TTwem/9/

I presume that 'css3-mediaqueries.js' is supposed to add support for media queries to IE8, but have you made provisions to add support for -ms-transform as well? In addition, you're using an XHTML DOCTYPE, but you're using HTML 5's <aside> tag? Did you strip out code to post this on jsfiddle.net?
    Rick Trethewey
    Rainbo Design

I more or less separated the code to increase readability in JS fiddle for troubleshooting purposes. Your are correct though, I was referencing the wrong DOCTYPE. I updated.

Please use this jsfiddle link instead: http://jsfiddle.net/TTwem/12/

Thread Information