www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to PHP cache for on the fly elements?

How to PHP cache for on the fly elements?

Hello guys,

I want to implement a caching system for my web sites. However, In my website, there are many elements created on the fly by jQuery, so what can I do for this?

Regards
    Charlie

Are you talking about caching on the server, or on the browser?

What kinds of items are you looking to cache? Images, css, and js files are often cached by the browser to improve load time.

-Jim

Since JavaScript is processed by the user's browser, you can't cache it's results on the server. You can only cache the script itself along with the rest of the document.
    Rick Trethewey
    Rainbo Design

If it's a question of caching PHP script outputs that result from jQuery calls (e.g. AJAX calls?), as far as the server-side of things goes, there's no difference between those calls and a "regular" web page call -- they're all HTTP requests. So presumably any PHP caching implementation would work as well (or poorly) for the jQuery AJAX requests as for other HTTP requests.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thread Information