www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Make table disappear when fields are blank? (wordpress)

Hybrid View

Make table disappear when fields are blank? (wordpress)

So I made a simple table out custom meta box fields. What I would like to know is, how can I make the table disappear if the fields aren't filled in?

I'd like the table to disappear if at one field is not filled in.

Code:
    <div>
    <table class="animetable">
    <tr><th>Info</th></tr>
    <tr><td><strong>Name: </strong><?php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'anime_anname', true); ?></td></tr>
    <tr><td><strong>Genre: </strong><?php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'anime_angenre', true); ?></td></tr>
    <tr><td><strong>Directed by: </strong><?php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'anime_andirector', true); ?></td></tr>
    <tr><td><strong>Music by: </strong><?php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'anime_anmusic', true); ?></td></tr>
    <tr><td><strong>Studio: </strong><?php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'anime_anstudio', true); ?></td></tr>
    <tr><td><strong>Licensed ny: </strong><?php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'anime_anlicense', true); ?></td></tr>
    <tr><td><strong>Network[s]: </strong><?php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'anime_annetwork', true); ?></td></tr>
    <tr><td><strong>Original run: </strong><?php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'anime_anrun', true); ?></td></tr>
    <tr><td><strong>Episodes: </strong><?php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'anime_anepisodes', true); ?></td></tr>
    </table>
    </div>

gross, what is all that obscure undocumented functionality you're using.

There are some fancier mathematical ways to do it (naming each field after a unique prime number and checking that the multiple of all post values is the product of all unique primes, this has some other interesting properties that are very desirable). But, an equally as acceptable/correct and more standard way of doing it is this:

PHP Code:
    <?php

$expectedPostKeysArray 
    = array('foo','bar','baz');
    while(
    array_key_exists(end($expectedPostKeysArray),$_POST))

array_pop($expectedPostKeysArray);

echo empty(
    $expectedPostKeysArray) ?

"Yes, all the keys i was expecting showed up" :

"No, some of the keys were missing.";
    Edit:
    Can anyone find a way to do it in constant time?
    Last edited by eval(BadCode); 08-22-2012 at 05:09 AM.
    I use (, ; : -) as I please- instead of learning the English language specification: I decided to learn Scheme and Java;

Thread Information