www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Please review this site!

Please review this site!

Hi all,
    I hope you can spare a min to review my site and give appropriate recommendation that I can improve on.

So, please let me know what you think.

http://www.brandearistotle.com/index.php

Thanks.

I looks quite cool, but when I open it with firefox and I press at the buttons (About/Approach/People/Contacts), in the next page the content pane is rather on the right not at the center of the page. This occurs only with firefox. It looks ok in IE and Chrome.

Thanks@Payukim. I noticed that and I just can figure out why. It looks ok on IE and chrome. Any idea on that?

It's very monotone on the main page, and my eyes aren't drawn to anything in particular - the use of colors on the hovers is good .. perhaps try incorporation some contrast/difference into your static view.

A large usage of shadows/lighting that is just a jumble.. maybe try finding a single source of light/angle or mix up the bevel/shadow/effects.

ie; the lighting on the top of the buttons contradicts the shadow on the right side of them.. it doesn't make sense to me.

However I like the fact it isn't your average site and definately piques my interest right off the bat because of that

Quote Originally Posted by stini View Post
    Thanks@Payukim. I noticed that and I just can figure out why. It looks ok on IE and chrome. Any idea on that?
    It seems to have some problems with css; overflow:hidden, and float:left, in class wrapper and col-x, but I can't fix it.

Maybe you have to try to rearrange your elements.

Quote Originally Posted by mistin.ca View Post
    It's very monotone on the main page, and my eyes aren't drawn to anything in particular - the use of colors on the hovers is good .. perhaps try incorporation some contrast/difference into your static view.

A large usage of shadows/lighting that is just a jumble.. maybe try finding a single source of light/angle or mix up the bevel/shadow/effects.

ie; the lighting on the top of the buttons contradicts the shadow on the right side of them.. it doesn't make sense to me.

However I like the fact it isn't your average site and definately piques my interest right off the bat because of that

Thanks for ur candid opinion. Actually I thought the same but the client says he wants a "tone-down". I'll still try and make some tweaking.

Quote Originally Posted by payukim View Post
    It seems to have some problems with css; overflow:hidden, and float:left, in class wrapper and col-x, but I can't fix it.

Maybe you have to try to rearrange your elements.
    You are right. Am definitely gonna have to review the css. Thanks again for taking the time.

Thread Information