www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Sticky Footer at the bottom of the page

Question Sticky Footer at the bottom of the page

Hi,

I'm trying to fix my website which a developer has developed.
    I'm not a professional coder but I'm trying to learn and have basic knowledge.

My site was designed with a position: relative CSS but when I created the drop down menus, the rest of the content was moving as the menu dropped down.

I've changed all the other content to absolute positioning with a set pixel count but the footer positioning needs to adjust to the content.

I've looked up many ways but I think the way my site is setup is not compatible with any of the tutorials.

Could anyone please helP!!

the address to my site is www.magisamerica.com and I'm having trouble with the footer!

I do not see any problem with the footer. Nor do I see any "position: relative" or "position absolute" in the CSS. You do not want a sticky footer at the bottom of the screen, because the pages are way too long for that. So what is your point???

32 CSS Errors Ignore any CSS 3 rules that were flagged.

26 HTML Errors

Saw no problem with footer in Fx 14, but fixing code errors might solve your problem with the browser you are using.

Hi,

I changed the footers to be manually put at the end of each page with absolute positioning. But I had to change the div tag on each page to make them appear below the changing content. Would there be a way to put the CSS to make them automatically appear after the content?

Thank you!!!

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply!
    I changed the footers to be manually put at the end of each page with absolute positioning. But I had to change the div tag on each page to make them appear below the changing content. Would there be a way to put the CSS to make them automatically appear after the content?

Thank you!!!

Thread Information