I suspect the problem is that you're testing them locally, probably under the file:/// protocol, where Chrome may block them. I'm sure they'll work from the remote server.
If you want them to work locally, you'll need to install on your machine a free http server like Apache.
If that's not the problem, you'll need to post a live URL.
Where used, return should be executed unconditionally and always as the last statement in the function.
That's my signature, it's not part of the damn post!
I hope to have this up on a server soon, probably Godaddy. Verio had me on hold forever, and I won't forget that. I have found another set of cookie functions from a different source and it is doing the same thing. I think this is a chrome thing, not my code. I do have a wamp server, I may try running it from local host just to see what it does.
I have tried running the code through my WAMP server, I would have never thought of this on my own, thanks. Chrome works great!! I still have a glitch in IE9 though. One of my menu options doesn't work. I hope to have the code up soon so that I can share it with everyone. You will probably see a lot of Newbie stuff that I have to correct before an IT Dept manager looks at my code. I have got to try getElementsByClass() within a for loop insead of a lot of getElementsById().