www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Looking for a good cookie set of functions

Looking for a good cookie set of functions

The cookie functions I recieved from w3c schools won't work in chrome. I am looking for something else to try. I will let everyone look at my porfollio web site when I have it posted.

I suspect the problem is that you're testing them locally, probably under the file:/// protocol, where Chrome may block them. I'm sure they'll work from the remote server.
    If you want them to work locally, you'll need to install on your machine a free http server like Apache.
    If that's not the problem, you'll need to post a live URL.
    Where used, return should be executed unconditionally and always as the last statement in the function.

That's my signature, it's not part of the damn post!

Blocked cookie write

I hope to have this up on a server soon, probably Godaddy. Verio had me on hold forever, and I won't forget that. I have found another set of cookie functions from a different source and it is doing the same thing. I think this is a chrome thing, not my code. I do have a wamp server, I may try running it from local host just to see what it does.

I have tried running the code through my WAMP server, I would have never thought of this on my own, thanks. Chrome works great!! I still have a glitch in IE9 though. One of my menu options doesn't work. I hope to have the code up soon so that I can share it with everyone. You will probably see a lot of Newbie stuff that I have to correct before an IT Dept manager looks at my code. I have got to try getElementsByClass() within a for loop insead of a lot of getElementsById().

Thread Information