dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Need a php registration script...

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Need a php registration script...

I need a script which enable a person to create an account in the website ( and to be added it in the website database ) and that account with
    logging in will enable the person to have some specific permisions in the website like posting or comenting. (not that the person cann't
    view anything without the password )
    That script will include

* "making an account" button and "signing in" as well as "singing out" buttons.
    *The box that the details will be written in both creating an account and logging in .
    * It must include the ability to sign up through facebook account.
    * It should verify the email of the account.
    * It should have Captcha for security purpose

Q1) How to connect that script with the specific permisions (Not just that the script will block everything in the page) ?
    Q2) How to connect the buttons that i will design with the script ?
    Q3) How to connect it with the mysql database ?

Hmm. Here's what I would do if I were you: Since you seem very confused, the first place I think you should go is a tutorial. There are lots of tutorials about creating registration scripts in PHP. Pick one: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...&bih=925&ion=1

I would look at that tutorial and then, if anything still confused me, I would ask about it here.

The tutorial could answer most of your questions and then we could focus on the few that it could not.

Also, examine yourself: How well do you understand PHP? Have you gotten a script to work before? For instance, can you get one to display the words "Hello World" in the browser? You wouldn't believe how many people I know that profess to have tried PHP, and never even achieved that. That is a critical step because you are getting a script to work. You can't test scripts if you don't know how to get them to work, you know? If you are this new to PHP, forget a registration script for right now, and find a tutorial for absolute beginners.

So yeah. Try a tutorial. If you get stuck, come on back.

Thank you evenstar7139 for your reply, But i am really confused about is this is the first step that i need to start creating my website...
    I want to make a small interactive site but with my own ideas it will be something similar to a forum, But that will need a lot of scripts ....registration, posting new threads, replying, administrating and so on, and i guess i can't do these script my own coz i am still beginner in that language, and even if i learned from these kind of tutorials i will not come to know how to do customized scripts that may do special and detailed role in the website .

All what i can do is designing, and the thing that i can learn is managing these scripts in the website....But making the scripts them selves will be hard to me.....as i just have a simple background about php scripts.... and even if i did the registration script i will not be able to make for example an administration system for the website.

So what do you think in your opinion can help me to achieve my goal.
    And what are the steps i should take in finishing such a project.

Quote Originally Posted by khalidahmed View Post
    Thank you evenstar7139 for your reply, But i am really confused about is this is the first step that i need to start creating my website...
    I want to make a small interactive site but with my own ideas it will be something similar to a forum, But that will need a lot of scripts ....registration, posting new threads, replying, administrating and so on, and i guess i can't do these script my own coz i am still beginner in that language, and even if i learned from these kind of tutorials i will not come to know how to do customized scripts that may do special and detailed role in the website .

All what i can do is designing, and the thing that i can learn is managing these scripts in the website....But making the scripts them selves will be hard to me.....as i just have a simple background about php scripts.... and even if i did the registration script i will not be able to make for example an administration system for the website.

So what do you think in your opinion can help me to achieve my goal.
    And what are the steps i should take in finishing such a project.
    Option 1) Hire a developer
    Option 2) Use out-of-the box software (wordpress, etc)
    Option 3) Learn how to do the coding and complete it yourself

U cannot learn all this stuff in a blink, but i can assure u that php is a easy language to learn, if u r a web designer then u may be aware of css, html, javascript and if u know then i don't think it will be that hard for u to learn php. but it will take ur time to become a professional. so it will be better to hire a professional for this or a friends help who is from programming background. I m not a professional. i started as a blogger and then gain my interest toward programming, few months ago i started with normal html,css then now i m moving forward with php. Today i was looking for some sample script to study when i came across ur post. try bro and one day u will make it ur self.

You can visit scripthood.com ! There are many of wat you are looking for.

Thread Information