www.webdeveloper.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please review my site

Nice buttons, definite improvement on the links on the live site.

back to the future!

Visiting your site is like a time travel... backwards!
    No critics about the content or navigation, but to be honest, I thought this sort of "design" had completely dissapeared. It's not even retro.

I'de say you should at least get some nice fonts and colors in there ;-)

Thanks ill have to update the buttons to the site and yea pretty old but simple, im planning on trying to update it a bit :P and any recommendations of fonts to try out?

plenty of free webfonts...

Chose some fonts i personally like the software button one, the home is the plain original one

http://i48.tinypic.com/ir45dd.png

font choice is up to you

But has to integer in the site concept

Yea looking at it now i dont think i would choose the contact us font but software i think goes good with the site

Website Looks Hard to Manage

I am writing this review as I focus more on functionality. I show on my end this is a very basic HTML website. There is nothing wrong with having a basic HTML website, but as your an application developer and you work on more projects, your website will be come harder and harder to manage. I would recommend a Content Management System, to make everything easy to update. This would also allow visitors to comment on content, etc. I personally use Drupal for my platform. I am using a plug-in called Ghostery, and I seen that you have no tracking codes installed on your website. I would highly recommend you install Google Analytics as soon as possible. This will allow you to learn more about the visitors to your website and taylor your website to their demographics.
    Ryan Condron
    Freelance Web Developer
    http://www.rebelwebdevelopment.com

Hi, I like your site but you need to make it more interactive and related to niche of your site to earn good benefits.
    eUKHost : UK Web Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by rebelweb2007 View Post
    I am writing this review as I focus more on functionality. I show on my end this is a very basic HTML website. There is nothing wrong with having a basic HTML website, but as your an application developer and you work on more projects, your website will be come harder and harder to manage. I would recommend a Content Management System, to make everything easy to update. This would also allow visitors to comment on content, etc. I personally use Drupal for my platform. I am using a plug-in called Ghostery, and I seen that you have no tracking codes installed on your website. I would highly recommend you install Google Analytics as soon as possible. This will allow you to learn more about the visitors to your website and taylor your website to their demographics.
    Without wanting to start a debate on the use of CMS systems, I don't beleive they are a solution to lack of knowledge. I personnaly work for a company who uses a lot of Drupal, and the least I can say is that if you wan't something matching all your clients requirements, your surely need good development skills. If not, you just get a ready made site where you have no idea what is doing what. And learning from a CMS like Drupal is certainly not a good idea, because even if it work "quit" well, it is built with no respect for MVC, and that is not a good reference.

Well, it is too simple. You should not use such very bright colors like green on the top on the page! Style and layouts should be more improved! But it is a good start!
    Submit your URL at Open Directory www.livewebmap.com
    Free classifieds website - www.wikiboard.net

@rebelweb2007 i like the coding aspect to it and i dont mind it being a little tougher so at the moment im probably not going to use CMS but google analytics im going to add asap

@Bodhost UK do you have any sugestions at how i should make it more interactive?

@FokeBox i like the green because its my logo and suppose to look like a loading bar, and the style and layouts currently are being improved

Updated the website now has the buttons and more of a graphical look + google analytics is added

Getting nice^^

Maybe add a bit of onHover interactivity on the buttons?

Yea, i should figure out something for them to do on hover

Thread Information