www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Star-Rating System with corresponding chart displays

Star-Rating System with corresponding chart displays

I am not sure if this is the correct category to place this question, so please forgive me if this is the wrong category.

I'm looking for an HTML (4/5) , CSS, and jQuery Star-Rating System with a corresponding chart display tutorial or jQuery plugin that can be used with HTML (4/5) and CSS. I have been searching via google and have found several good star-rating systems however they do not demonstrate how to display the overall sum of the star ratings within a chart display (please view attachement).

Can anyone suggest where I can find a tutorial or plugin that will help me to accomplish this goal? I have attached a visual as a reference to what i am looking to achieve.

Attached Images Attached Images

You do realise that the functionality described requires server-side processing?
    I don't think you're going to find a script with such graphing routines built-in, however any decent rating script will allow you to run your own function when a rating is selected.
    Such a function could send the rating to the server via an AJAX request, then read the returned average and use it to generate a chart.
    Where used, return should be executed unconditionally and always as the last statement in the function.

That's my signature, it's not part of the damn post!

Hi Logic Ali,

Thank you for your help.

So I would need a server side script such as php or .NET in order to accomplish this task? I am not familiar with either...

I can handle the jQuery for the star-rating portion of this task but my main problem is how to go about taking the three submitted star-ratings and populating the star-distribution chart with an average etc.

Thread Information