www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: In Desperate need of Graphics/Logo :(

Unhappy In Desperate need of Graphics/Logo :(

So I've been putting together a layout etc of my friend's new website he wanted which I said I could do no problem.

I'm definitely a novice, but I think what I put together isn't too bad so far. However, I have no experience with Photoshop etc so it's just plain text everywhere . The most appealing thing is the mouse over on my side bar

Below is the links to the .dwt and .css file I have thus far. If someone could make a simple, yet appealing header (possibly with a logo) I would be forever grateful. The dimensions needed would be 800x90. CAPS Training or C.A.P.S Training would be ideal, it's just typed out entirely to take up space at the moment

If you have any other suggestions for the design/graphics, that would be great!

Link for both files: http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/V...QOLb40Jh1J8BBg

Would you want the header in 3D, what color (single or gradient), animated, non-animated, etc.????

Here's an example for you without your input:

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/...training-1.png

Hi Ron,

Sorry, I should've just provided a screen shot instead of the code to help get a visual of what it would replace.

Here's a link: http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6764/homepag.png

It would replace the plain, large text at the very top of the screen.

As far as gradient, 3D, etc... I really don't know. Just something that fits that and looks professional would be the best way to describe what I'm looking for.

Let me know if you need any hex codes, pretty sure you can just pull them from the screen though.

How about the header darker than #b0b0c3 that's at the top now and text in white? I can change the color of the example image I made if you think that'll work for you. Making a logo involves a little more thought and work. Something you should provide some guidelines on.

To be honest I don't want to make the header darker. The font color of the header shouldn't be limited to black or white (although black seems to work well).

I would like if it started from the left (some padding) of the 800x90 px and take as much space up. I was thinking it would be cool to say the abbr. with this under it:

C.A.P.S Training <-- Obviously much bigger text
    (Cecil Athletic Performance Systems)

As for a logo, something along the lines of fitness etc. I'm meeting with the friend again in two days, so maybe he'll have a better idea. Would be cool to show off something though.

Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it

The width of main content seems to be about 1120px. The top header runs 100&#37; of the width since it is only a color. An 800 X 90 image can be placed anywhere, but take as much space unless the header container is 100% and uses the same background color as image. This means the image would be able to blend in with it. It would just as well do to make the text an image with a transparent background. The text could be in 3D. Will try to work on this, but maybe someone else will come up with some ideas too.

Yes, the width is 1120px.

That can definitely work if it's transparent. Don't think it would matter either way though?

Sorry, for delay, but had to put up with Hurricane Isaac. Thought I was going to need a boat here.

Haven't put these together yet, but more ideas are attached. Need some feedback here as to whether I am even in the ballpark.
    Last edited by Major Payne; 09-02-2012 at 02:10 AM.

No response so deleted attached examples. Moving on.

Thread Information