dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: text based rpg

thank you for your help and advice maybe as a start ill move in a diff direction dont really like following the crowd......if i keep pressing tho ill be sure to update this thread

hi and welocome
    1-you need know php and html thats 2 important if you want start make mmo
    2-you will need mysql datebase for save all players informations (money-turns-mails-reports- etc...)
    3-you need good idea for your game
    4-but idea not enough you need think in battle system and economy system for your game
    5- bring pen and paper and start write your idea - pages in your game- battle system - economy system
    (example: players will get every day 300 turn and player need spend 30 turn if he want attack on other player )
    6-if you finish fromm login page create check page for sure if player write username and password right or no if every thing good send players to start page
    (example:start.php) then you can add menus and all you want bring your paper and start design game pages you can use pictures in your game from google or you can draw and create you own graphic
    7-important things you will use in your game (at least i use this things in my game):
    1-tables in html
    2-SESSION for transfer informations between pages and keep players login
    3-include() function help me much
    4-mysql functions very important
    5-time() function if you want add turns or something like this in your game
    6-patterns very important (for protect your forms and controll whats you want players write in form fields)

iuse this things in my game:http://worldwar2.awardspace.biz/

and i find this web site may be this web site help you:http://buildingbrowsergames.com/tutorials/

and you can use css and javascript and ajax too but i think you must use just html and php in your first version fro your game and then you can develop it

Sorry for my bad english but i hope this things may be help you
    Good Luck With Your Game
    Last edited by rtkwar; 09-02-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rtkwar View Post
    hi and welocome
    1-you need know php and html thats 2 important if you want start make mmo
    2-you will need mysql datebase for save all players informations (money-turns-mails-reports- etc...)
    3-you need good idea for your game
    4-but idea not enough you need think in battle system and economy system for your game
    5- bring pen and paper and start write your idea - pages in your game- battle system - economy system
    (example: players will get every day 300 turn and player need spend 30 turn if he want attack on other player )
    6-if you finish fromm login page create check page for sure if player write username and password right or no if every thing good send players to start page
    (example:start.php) then you can add menus and all you want bring your paper and start design game pages you can use pictures in your game from google or you can draw and create you own graphic
    7-important things you will use in your game (at least i use this things in my game):
    1-tables in html
    2-SESSION for transfer informations between pages and keep players login
    3-include() function help me much
    4-mysql functions very important
    5-time() function if you want add turns or something like this in your game
    6-patterns very important (for protect your forms and controll whats you want players write in form fields)

iuse this things in my game:http://worldwar2.awardspace.biz/

and i find this web site may be this web site help you:http://buildingbrowsergames.com/tutorials/

and you can use css and javascript and ajax too but i think you must use just html and php in your first version fro your game and then you can develop it

Sorry for my bad english but i hope this things may be help you
    Good Luck With Your Game
    you helped emensly i cant begin to give my thanks dude thaaaaaaaank u......this is the push im looking for

You welcome
    continue in good work
    mysql functions you will need in your game
    select * from datebase
    update datebase
    insert into datebase
    delete from datebase
    you can download this book too(php game programming) in the real this book not helped me (may be because i am bad in english) but you can download it anyway and
    you can visit gameogre forums:
    gameogre.com/forums
    and discuss your game systems with me and my friend shugo
    www.shugo.nl
    in online game development
    and maybe some topics there will help you
    sorry because ican't add more details because windows on my pc crush and my mobile bad

thanks dude will do maybe a week b4 i start but will keep thinking of ideas in the meanwhile

Thread Information