Hey everybody,
This is slightly new territory for me and I'm not sure how to proceed, so I thought I'd see if anyone had experienced this before.

I'm in the process working on a site that will be moving hosting companies and also changing domain names. The domain name is currently registered with GoDaddy and for our purposes, uses the domain www.myoldsite.net. The new site we are launching will be hosted on PowerDNN with the URL www.mynewsite.com. We have already changed the GoDaddy DNS to point www.mynewsite.com to PowerDNN's servers and everything is working fine there.

However, we need to be able to redirect requests to pages on the old domain (www.myoldsite.net) to their respective pages on the new site, for SEO/Page Rank purposes. So if someone had bookmarked www.myoldsite.net/SomePage, it would automatically redirect to www.mynewsite.com/AnotherPage (not necessarily the same page title). I know how to redirect the entire domain, but I don't think that will handle individual page requests.

I know that this can be done by editing the htaccess file, but that obviously requires the htaccess file to be hosted under the old domain somewhere and the client would only like to maintain one hosting account at PowerDNN. So, how can we redirect page requests on the old site to correspond to manual entries of pages on the new site? Is is possible to do without a hosted htaccess file?

Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks!