www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Undefined index: file21

Undefined index: file21

Hi there,

When you look at the "View Page Source", you see these following html sentences:

Code:
    <input type="file" name="file21" id="file21" size="80" />
    <input type="file" name="file22" id="file22" size="80" />
    <input type="file" name="file23" id="file23" size="80" />
    PHP still complains "Undefined index: file22". For the first 20 files, all work fine but starting file21, it begins complaints. What's the problem. Is there a configuration on how many files are allowed in a session?

Thanks,

No, it's probably a simple syntax error in your PHP, nothing to do with the form mark-up you've shown us.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Hmm, is there anywhere else in your code that says "file22" other than the snippet you showed us?

Thanks each of you responses. I have figure out the resolution: just add the following line to php.ini:

max_file_uploads=30.

The default is 20. You can see this configuration parameter at the PHP Core section of phpinfo().

Thanks,

Heh...I didn't even notice they were all file-type inputs -- not that I would necessarily have known what the problem was. Glad you figured it out.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thread Information