www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: PHP web client

PHP web client

Hi.

Since in my company was implemented a new rule that blocks web-based messaging and mail clients (like imo.im, gmail, etc) I am looking for a PHP based client similar with former meebo, imo.im, etc to install on one of my personal domains (which are not blocked).

Do you have such a recomendation? I would preffer something tested and easy to install.

Thank you.

Roundcube

PHP and Javascript based.

Of course, hide your work as your admin might be tracking you. Make sure you make the page look either completely innocent, or PASSWORD PROTECT ACCESS TO THE PAGE CONTENT completely.

Perhaps put a phony business resource page in there with complicated business looking stuff or something work related with NOTHING written about it being a mail client... then put a login for 'employees' or some such that gains access to the hidden mail client...

You might want to put an IP logger in there to see if your company admin is tracking you and following your footsteps. I've caught snoops this way before. If you don't want to write a simple tracking script, you can install STAT4U or something similar on the homepage which generates comprehensive reports about every visitor.

DO NOT TELL ANYONE.
    Good luck, don't get in trouble...
    Last edited by donatello; 09-03-2012 at 06:25 AM.

PS - You can also create your own dedicated chat client on the page... or a subpage...

There are a couple on Sourceforge as well.

BTW - Here is a simple IP logger script you may use:
    Filename: index.php
    PHP Code:
    <?php
    //This script will log the ip addresses of all visitors

header("Location:index.php");
    $file="iplog.txt"
    $f=fopen($file,'a'); 
    fwrite($f,"-------------------------"."\n"); 
    fwrite($f,"IP Address:".$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']."\n"); 
    fwrite($f,"User Agemt:".$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']."\n"); 
    fwrite($f,"Host Name:".php_uname('n')."\n"); 
    fwrite($f,"Operating System:".php_uname('v')."(".php_uname('s').")"."\n"); 
    fclose($f); 
    // Create an empty file named iplog.txt and put it in the same directory as this file.
    // Set the file properties to be writeable! 777
    ?>
    Last edited by donatello; 09-03-2012 at 06:31 AM.

On the features list
    http://roundcube.net/about#features

thre is nothing regarding connecting to instant messaging networks like yahoo or gtalk... Are you sure roundcube is able to do this? I have used roundcube as mail client several times.

Why don' t you try a proxy? You can install a proxy on your own domain and that might work for you...
    http://download.cnet.com/Bypass-Prox...-10291385.html ???
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ddon/proxilla/ ???

It should allow you to access webmail, although IM clients are a different story.

Look around on Sourceforge.

If you find something and it works out, be sure to post the solution here, I am also now curious...

...or this:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/httppc/

Again, hide your work!
    Inquiring minds should find nothing suspicious...

You can always put up a couple of apps on your domain:
    1.) Roundcube - for email. You will have your own webmail service.
    2.) Pidgin (Chat - connects to Yahoo, etc.). Free IM with connections to AIM, ICQ, Google Talk, Jabber/XMPP, MSN Messenger, Yahoo!, Bonjour, Gadu-Gadu, IRC, MXit, Novell GroupWise Messenger, Lotus Sametime, SILC, SIMPLE, MySpaceIM, and Zephyr. It is written in C and makes heavy use of GLib and GTK+....
    3.) Proxy - For access to anyplace you want to go... You will have your own web proxy.

Don't get caught!
    Don't share this with anyone, as you will then get caught eventually.
    Last edited by donatello; 09-03-2012 at 07:07 AM.

The best way to hide your work:
    1.) Put your secret toolbox on a 404-Not Found Page. (Everyone hits the 'back' button when they see one of those.)
    2.) The login screen can be hidden behind an "ABUSE" link on the page - nobody will ever use it.

It can also be hidden behind a clear image link somewhere on the page - the location of which is known only to you.

You can use a PHP script to hide the link name - you can have a redirect script on a page named 'abuse', so on hover anyone will see a legit link.

My favorite method to hide a secret login:
    Your login form can even look like an abuse report form, using a text area to enter the password. Only you will know that you must put your email in the first field, "EMAIL" and password in the "COMPLAINT" text area field. Failed password attempts or real complaints will get a message, "Thank you. Your complaint has been reported to the abuse team..." or some other blurb.
    Last edited by donatello; 09-03-2012 at 07:02 AM.

Thread Information