Hi, newbie here

I own a small newspaper with only a few employees. We design the newspaper using Adobe products such as Indesign.

I'm a complete and utter novice when it comes to web development and design, but I would like to achieve a basic idea of what I am going to undertake even if I do have to hire someone to do it for me.

We currently have a very basic static website and we are looking to get a CMS system in place for our newspaper.

I've read many articles regarding people's opinion between Drupal, Joomla and Wordpress. There are many, many others and themes to go with them. I have uploaded a few of them and experimented and they are quite powerful, but very time consuming and often difficult to use.

I'm starting my website on a small budget. My main concern is sourcing and managing content. I want the website to appear professional and have plenty to read.

I've had some quotes from AFP, Reuters and the Associated Press regarding sourcing content but their service is incredibly expensive.

Are there any other means of sourcing content other than spending 14 hours a day writing it myself and manually placing it onto the website?

What about RSS feeds? How limited are these feeds? Can I integrate them into my website based on the category? For example, If I have a motoring section, can it be configured to display motoring news only?

If I could have some advice I would greatly appreciate it.

My favourite theme so far, is the Gavick pro Joomla one here: http://demo.gavick.com/joomla16/jul2011/

I've noticed that the stock exchange modules can be automatically updated, but the site itself is difficult to use.