www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Images in iframe dont show in Mozilla Firefox

Images in iframe dont show in Mozilla Firefox

I am new at website development so excuse the ignorance. I recently launched a website (though not 100% complete) at dutchbarn.net, for my customer, only to find out that the images in the iframes on the bulk food, furniture, etc. pages do not display in Mozilla Firefox browser. It worked fine before uploading to my host in all the main browser (IE, Chrome, and Firefox). Now it only works in Chrome and IE. Any suggestions?

What I can see out there that your images are displaying properly now. What is the problem you are suffering with now.

Well now... I tried it again with Mozilla Firefox (ver 14.0.1) and the bulk food pics on the "Bulk Food" page don't display. The page works fine in all other browsers. I am pretty sure it is not just my computer as a friend of mine first noticed the problem. However if no one else can duplicate the problem I would like to know that too!
    Thanks

Thanks for the help! If I have any additional complications with this problem I will post otherwise consider it fixed.

Chad

Frames are not allowed in an HTML 5 document type.
    I'am I correct that the frame tag is not allowed in HTML 5 but the iframe is allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by Chadjoh View Post
    I'am I correct that the frame tag is not allowed in HTML 5 but the iframe is allowed?
    It originally didn't included iframes, but the W3C rethought this after dumping iframes from the Strict HTML and XHTML doctypes. You were to use the "<object>" element to add objects to your document, but browser differences and limitations made this difficult for many developers. With the much-more-pragmatic HTML 5 (not yet released), iframes are back and even have two new attributes: seamless and sandbox. Other attributes: HTML5

I have used the following in place of the iframe tags:
    Code:
    <<div style="margin: 0 auto; width: 960px; height: 400px; overflow: auto;"><object style="width:100%; height:400px; margin:1%;" type="text/html" data="http://website.com/"></object></div>
    Of course, you don't need to use inline CSS as shown here.
    Last edited by Major Payne; 09-07-2012 at 12:10 AM.

Thanks for the tip.

Most welcome.

Thread Information