www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: 2 amazing interactive sites

2 amazing interactive sites

Were these sites made using javascript?

first one

second one

what kind of things are involved in making such sites?What one needs to learn to be able to make such sites?

Both sites use advanced techniques in HTML, CSS and JavaScript. The second is done in HTML5 and it is impressive. So to build similar sites you'd need to have excellent skills in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, and have a talent for website design in general.

All of which means you need to know a great deal about creating websites. Study and experience will be required. There are lots of tutorials online to help you get started. Good luck!
    Rick Trethewey
    Rainbo Design

Quote Originally Posted by rtrethewey View Post
    advanced techniques in HTML, CSS and JavaScript.
    And these advanced techniques in HTML and CSS can be learned for example here? Or not?

If I would be able to create the second site manually(just typing code) from scratch I would indeed be happy with my skill level.

post 3

Quote Originally Posted by rtrethewey View Post
    have a talent for website design in general.
    I think it is nonsensical to use the word "talent" in most cases and especially in this one.
    All you need is comprehension of spatial relationships regarding the efficacy of using the site. Some basic knowledge about composition and color alignment.

But if you are talking about art, then that's a different story, although that too can be learned.

If you click on the picture here you can zoom in and move around within the frame, is that done by javascript too?

When you hover with mouse over each title and pictures change like a slideshow is this also done in javascript?

lol, why am i posting on a dead forum...

a better question is why are you asking questions that can easily be answered just by looking at the source code...

Regarding first site http://www.crispian.net/PTIR/Nonsense.html, yu might want to search for CSS3 transitions and transformations.

See for example http://www.the-art-of-web.com/css/css-animation/

That's the same for this neat transition?

Hiya, I am really glad I've found this information. Today phorumgers publish just about gossips and internet and this is really annoying. A good web site with exciting content, this is what I need. Thanks for keeping this site, I'll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Cant find it. Wonderful!

Thread Information