www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to add a specific function to a provided php code?

How to add a specific function to a provided php code?

Hi all;

I've uploaded a php code for a proxy web that is here:
    http://www.4shared.com/zip/MT-eEmCR/surrogafier.html

I want to put this file on my server and use it as a browser, so that clients connect to the server through this inner (surrogafier) browser!
    Currently, I want to customize the php code to meet my needs.

I'd like to save any entered character or password or any action done, in a text file using this php code.
    I mean, when a client calls the surrogafier (php proxy browser) available on the server in his browser (Chrome, IE, Firefox, Opera, ...) address bar, any input by the client to be save in a text file.
    Something like LOGGING, but I want to save any character or string input or event in addition to registering only actions or functions!
    And because I'm new to php coding, I don't know which function should I add to this code to do the above work?

Is there any stock function in php to use it for this purpose or I should write a procedure myself?

Please help...
    TIA.

This is an awful problem to solve using PHP. Why don't you just put your NIC in promiscuous mode and log all of the incoming traffix on X port / forwarded traffic?

Too complicated? Use wireshark... something like this:

wireshark -i eth0 -k -w my_log.pcap

that's overkill (you log EVERYTHING), maybe just the port that you're running the proxy on is better. There's a lot of ways to do what you're looking for, and I suspect that's taking people's passwords LOL
    I use (, ; : -) as I please- instead of learning the English language specification: I decided to learn Scheme and Java;

Thanks!

Yes, you're right.
    But I want to get logs on 7th layer (application layer), while promiscuous mode and wireshark are usable on 3th layer (Network).

I want to have something like Firefox operation when a username and password for a forum like "webdeveloper" are saved in browser for next uses!

I need a php function or procedure to save a lot of "user & pass"s or events & actions in a separate text file through this inner proxy (inner browser: surrogafier.php).

Could you guide me about this please...

Regards.

Thread Information