www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Reveiw: www.lease-hire.co.uk

Reveiw: www.lease-hire.co.uk

Hi all

Looking for some feedback on a new complete site rebuild we have just gone live with.

We do know of a few issues and also have some new features still to add to it as part of stage 2. The sites coding has not been cleaned up to be XHTML valid yet either but looking for as much feedback as possible to help with getting stage 2 of the site development to a very high standard.

http://www.lease-hire.co.uk/

Thanks
    John Eva

A quick run-through with the WDG validator suggests that the site is rather full of syntax errors. Perhaps the validator does not understand XHTML1.0, but that would seem unlikely as it recognises the format?

Thank you yeah we already know about the validation errors and these will be cleaned up as part of stage 2 of the development.

Cheers
    John

Sorry, I misread the OP as saying that the site HAS been cleaned up rather than has NOT.

Lol tis ok, did you find anything else wrong with it at all?

Anywhere things could be improved for users/visitors?

1. I do not like the scrolling window, though at least it pauses between scrolls. I'd prefer it if the pauses were a bit longer, and the scrolling was slowed down a little (or better still, replaced with a fade in/out instead of scrolling).

2. I do not like the repetition of the left and right columns on every page (or, at least, every page I looked at). This is repetitive and is a mobile unfriendly use of screen space.

3. A couple of typo's:

a) Electric Vehicles page - Heading "Elecrtric Vehicles"

b) Enhanced Efficiency and Hybrid Vehicles pages - Incorrect capitalisation of "CO2" as "Co2".

4. The site is a standard fixed-width site with no mobile friendly features. That said, the site was slow but acceptable loading on a smartphone via wi-fi. I did not test the 3G performance but I strongly suspect that the initial load time would be unacceptable. The text was readable in landscape mode 480x320. However, it still seems something of an oversight for a site that has just been re-vamped that it makes no apparent concessions to mobile viewing. Unless that is under consideration for phase 2 (or 3)?
    Last edited by jedaisoul; 09-19-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Thank you for all your great feedback, we are also in the process of making a dedicated mobile website so that will resolve those issues.

Thanks again
    John

10 nav items is a lot of nav items
    I think it is nice. But there is a lot going on on the home page, lots of different sections.

John I would appreciate if you reviewed my site: http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/sh...web-developers

it's very awesome.. and designed perfectly matching the content of the website goals.

good luck

Thread Information