www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Any advice is wellcome!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    25

    Smile Any advice is wellcome!

    Hello everybody! From the start i tell you that i'm a newbie, so please give advices, cause the critics woun't help .The site is www.hoteluri-in-bulgaria.ro . I look forward for your advices ,opinions and ways to fix the problems. Thank you!
    Last edited by adiadrian79; 09-19-2012 at 11:16 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,650
    Please check the url. It does not work.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    25
    Sorry! I write from the phone, and i made a mistake. Now it has to work .I appologize!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,650
    i usually sing the praises of optimising the graphics, but in this case, the big graphics have been over-compressed, and look it. Also I'm not sure what the relevance of the "tropical island" is? Is that an island near Bulgaria? the image title does not say.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by jedaisoul View Post
    i usually sing the praises of optimising the graphics, but in this case, the big graphics have been over-compressed, and look it. Also I'm not sure what the relevance of the "tropical island" is? Is that an island near Bulgaria? the image title does not say.
    No, there is no such an island in Bulgaria
    . I tried to put title and alt tag to all picturer i have there ,but i think that one i missed . Thanks for seeing this!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    25

    Thumbs up Ok !

    I fixed it . Some more ideas, advices or opinions ?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Thailand and Vietnam
    Posts
    10
    Change color to blue ocean is better, dude. Fill your site with cool feeling color.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    66

    Comments and advice

    The <tt>, <i>, <b>, <big>, and <small> tags are all font-style tags. Font-style tags are defined in HTML4, but it is strongly recommended to use CSS styling instead.

    You should set your menu inside <ul><li></li></ul> tags.

    Setting a pid of padding in your elements would make the content easier to read and lighten the overall design.

    Deciding for a color scheme would make it more comprehensive.

    Even borders (top is thicker than bottom on some blocks).

    A nice font type would bring alot.

    Right borders do not align.

    The bottom borders of the 2 bottom blocks do not align.

    Sponsors have no title. (not shure they will appreciate^^)

    Background image (awfull quality lol) does not fit screen width on 16/9 format.

    onHover animation on your anchors in the left menu would be a +.

    Finally, I would bring a touch of jQuery on the pictures with the colorbox plugin, so that visitors may see them in big format.

    Hope this will help ;-)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Gudlife View Post
    The <tt>, <i>, <b>, <big>, and <small> tags are all font-style tags. Font-style tags are defined in HTML4, but it is strongly recommended to use CSS styling instead.

    You should set your menu inside <ul><li></li></ul> tags.

    Setting a pid of padding in your elements would make the content easier to read and lighten the overall design.

    Deciding for a color scheme would make it more comprehensive.

    Even borders (top is thicker than bottom on some blocks).

    A nice font type would bring alot.

    Right borders do not align.

    The bottom borders of the 2 bottom blocks do not align.

    Sponsors have no title. (not shure they will appreciate^^)

    Background image (awfull quality lol) does not fit screen width on 16/9 format.

    onHover animation on your anchors in the left menu would be a +.

    Finally, I would bring a touch of jQuery on the pictures with the colorbox plugin, so that visitors may see them in big format.

    Hope this will help ;-)
    Thank you for your advices!
    I will try to fix all the problems you saw there, even if i have no idea to work with jQuery

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    66
    Actually, jQuery should only be the final touch (the one clients most appreciate lol). The important thing is to get your site W3C compliant.
    http://validator.w3.org/

    If you need any help, I am an independant dev. felix.expansion@gmail.com

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    25
    Allmost all the pages pass the validator test, but i have problems with the code for facebook. Without it , i have no error. In the moment i add it ,to have button for "Like", the errors start to appear .
    And i will ask your help, with the pictures, cause i don't know what i have to do.
    Thank you!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    66
    the facebook problem can be bypassed by using a RDF doctype:

    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML+RDFa 1.0//EN" "http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/DTD/xhtml-rdfa-1.dtd">

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Gudlife View Post
    the facebook problem can be bypassed by using a RDF doctype:

    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML+RDFa 1.0//EN" "http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/DTD/xhtml-rdfa-1.dtd">
    So i have to take out the "<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">" and replace it with what you said?
    I will try . Thank you!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Gudlife View Post
    the facebook problem can be bypassed by using a RDF doctype:

    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML+RDFa 1.0//EN" "http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/DTD/xhtml-rdfa-1.dtd">
    I tried and it shows me:
    Line 2, Column 49: there is no attribute "lang"
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="ro" xml:lang="ro" >
    And
    Line 105, Column 32: there is no attribute "data-href"
    <div class="fb-like" data-href="http://www.hoteluri-in-bulgaria.ro/"></div>

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    66
    I don't have time right now, but I will take a look tomorrow morning;-)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
HTML5 Development Center



Recent Articles